Legislative and Public Policy Research
The Trade Partnership and Trade Partnership Worldwide, LLC provide corporations, trade associations, governments and law firms with analyses evaluating the economic effects on trade flows of proposed or actual legislation and public policies. The firms’ research enables clients to participate fully and thoughtfully in the policy formation process.
The Trade Partnership maintains an extensive database of U.S. state- and congressional district-specific information that enables it to provide clients with detailed assessments of how a particular trade policy or practice is likely to affect a given geographic area and industry.
The Trade Partnership also runs the Coalition for GSP, which coordinates clients’ participation in legislative efforts to renew the GSP program.
Selected client projects include:
- Reports on the potential impacts of trade liberalization on the United States. Click here for an example.
- Special studies regarding the impact of U.S. steel tariffs on American steel-consuming industries for the Consuming Industries Trade Action Coalition. Click here for the report.
- Monthly newsletters for trade associations on international trade issues of particular importance to their specific industry. Click here for an example.
- Written and oral testimony and talking points for delivery at Congressional hearings and hearings held by the U.S. International Trade Commission.
- Analysis of the Doha Development Agenda round of World Trade Organization negotiations for the German Marshall Fund of the United States. Click here to view the report.
The Trade Partnership and Trade Partnership Worldwide, LLC have prepared a number of influential studies covering a wide range of topics. Click here to view our most recent studies.